Friday, August 9, 2013

Squares, Squares and More Squares

My wonderful husband thought it would be simply brilliant if I made a blanket for a King size bed. Me being mostly crazy, took on the challenge! I've made a blanket for a queen size bed, so I figured how bad can it be to make a King size blanket. Silly, silly me.

At first, I decided this was not a blanket which could be made in rows. It had to be made of smaller pieces, which I could sew together. yes, another brilliant idea. I sat down and figured out how big the blanket needed to be, according to a King comforter. Then, I had to figure out how much yarn I needed. Considering, i never use a pattern, this was like grabbing air from a jar.

This is how the story begins. It all started with squares. As I type this, I still need 16 squares. Not bad, considering I started out needing 143 squares! Here's what I have so far.






No comments:

Post a Comment